Tuesday 28 August 2012

Groggy memory VS Raw reality


Hey hey hey, how are ya? 

I feel a lidddddle sick. I decided I wasn’t going to eat bread for a week. This isn’t really a huge challenge for me (Although I’m sure when you promise yourself you aren’t going to eat something, you crave it?! Damnit) as I don’t really eat much bread anyway. The reason I feel like I could do cheeky sneaky spew is because I bought some Nutella the other day. Now that I’m not eating bread there was only one thing to do… spoon + chocolate goodness = Chucky. I know I’m not the only one that does this, so stop shaking your head at me. 

Must.put.spoon.down.but.tastes.so.gooooood! Just one more…

So last week I took my love affair with the Sky Tower one step further. I took a leap of faith, all in the name of love. I jumped off the side of that bad boy. HELLS YEAH I DID! My younger sisters (who happened to share a womb) came up to Auckland for the weekend to celebrate turning the big two zero. The days leading up to their arrival I got message after message about things they wanted to get up to while they were here. Somehow it went from go carts and mini golf to nose piercings and jumping off the tallest building in New Zealand. We decided the Sky Tower it was. Being the older sister I fully acted like I had this, easy as, bring it on … deep down I was shitting my pants. I’m not THAT scared of heights, but the part where you have to ‘leap’ off a 192m platform into mid-air didn’t exactly scream sane. Luckily I had shoved a few cocktails down our throats before we made our way up the tower. We were feeling warm inside. Weeeee lets jump off a building!

The twins had told me I HAD to jump for their Birthday, so my arm was twisted (As was my arse in the harness). After I got word that my sister had touched down on the ground after her jump, I felt a mixture of relief that she was safe and a whole lot of ‘fuck, it’s my turn’. I acted cool, calm and collected on camera but once I was off the building the screaming began (I have been told I’m a screamer. wink wink nudge nudge.Yikes). I’m pretty sure all of Auckland was deafened. The jump only lasted eleven seconds, and it took about another ten for my breathing to return to normal. ‘Oh my god. That was amazing’ were my first words. And it truly was! I am DEFINITELY doing that again. Highly recommend doing the Sky Jump if you are ever up these ways. I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E. I think I may have to cheat on the Sky Tower and start flirting with a plane next…

With two feet on the ground, the three of us headed over to Mission Bay where we indulged in KiwiYo - delicious ice-cream that you can fill with everything and anything (My eyes were much bigger than my stomach). The Auckland sun was shining as we sat on the beach, filling ourselves up with icecream right before dinner time (I mean... no we didn't Mum), watching yachts sail past Rangitoto Island. T’was a beautiful afternoon. 

Friday night I was sober driver and after dancing at Carpark for an hour or so I was ready for bed. I’m not sure when I became old and every loud little drunk girl became incredibly annoying. There were a few I wanted to slap. Screaming. Falling over. Getting kicked out. Dancing all over everything and everyone. I cringed. That was until one of my besties reminded me of the night out I had the weekend before. The weekend I decided to drink Gin…by the bucket loads. GnT on a sunny day-YES. GnT after GnT after GnT, topped off with shots of Gin on a Saturday night-UH OH! The days following the Groggy Gin night my memory replayed the turn of events bit by bit. Little did I know what I ‘thought’ had happened was in fact false. I’ll stumble, trip over and walk you through it…

Groggy memory:
Having a few wines with the girls. Then a few Gins. Expecting to get on a good buzz, but wanting to enjoy my Sunday.
Raw reality:
Drinking games, skulling Gin. Shot after shot…apparently Whiskey was inhaled as well. (Don’t mix your drinks kids)

Groggy memory:
Looking good. Dancing in town with hot boy.
Raw reality:
Pashing a butt ugly Indian man. Using him like a pole and shimmying all over him. (Kill me now!) Apparently on returning for seconds, my friends jumped in and put a stop to that-thank god.

Groggy memory:
Next club. Enjoying the music and dancing with friends.
Raw reality:
Trying to mix music on the DJ turn tables, cutting off the song mid-way through his set. Then being asked to leave and arguing with the bouncer, claiming ‘I’m not even drunk’. After my friends blatantly saw me touch the DJ's equipment, I protested my innocence to them as well. (Sigh. Remind me to never become a Lawyer)

Groggy memory:
Lining up to go into the next club.
Raw reality:
Falling asleep standing up in the line. When it comes to my turn to show my I.D I am not allowed in. I again protest I was doing nothing wrong and claim to be sober once again. Making this the THIRD club to be kicked out of. 

Groggy memory:
The three of us leave a club with a boy, who claims to be a builder. We go back to his van and have shots of Tequila. 
Raw reality:
The three of us leave a club with a boy, who claims to be a builder. We got back to his van and have shots of Tequila. 

Oh! Well we aren't exactly saints.


My phone then died, I got lost (Apparently walked away from the group, talking some drunken rubbish) and text a few people I shouldn’t have (Sorrrrrrrrry!). I found my way back to the last club the three of us were at and somehow, sommmmmmehow??? ….I was the one who was angry. Gosh! Who bloody knows??. Lesson here is I am not drinking Gin like this again. Groggy Gin night will remain a lesson. Do NOT guzzle Gin. A lesson well and truly learnt. I got a hangover that I deserved and still felt ill the following Wednesday. Ugh.

All I can say is I'm glad I have friends who love me enough to put up with me when 'Boozy Bex' comes out to play. (Which isn't THAT often). I have lived in Auckland for 5 months now, but still have a huge amount to discover. Including Auckland City at night time. Getting lost in a huge concrete jungle, filled with drunk seedy animals...not my smartest move.

May be time to grow up (A little) ... Or just stick to wine. I'll go with the latter. Wine has never let me down, or let me fall down. OK that's a lie.


I would go to rehab, but my parents never raised a quitter...

Jumping off a building I have never felt more alive, and waking up with a Gin hangover I have never felt more like death. Sky Tower I'm keen to do again. Gin-never again (Again, most probably a lie).

I have to admit something to you - I have chocolate all over my fingers and mouth. I wish I had a more exciting story for this... sadly I don't. I just fully put my mouth into the jar of Nutella...I am guilty of a Nutella dive.

I should get up and go to the gym now, but I think I might have a Gin instead....let the night begin.


Kidddddding.




Love & Laughs

Bex
Newest member of AGG (Against Gin Gussling)



P.S Check out my Sky Jump. Caution: You might want to turn the volume down. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k9_4fcKaD4&feature=youtu.be



No comments:

Post a Comment